Monday, June 9, 2014

Dave Trampier dedication in PORK magazine

I was out this weekend and discovered PORK, an oversized punk rock and "weirdo art" magazine/fanzine published on newsprint. A hooded Black Wizard complete with Vecna's Middle Finger stands before a technicolor labyrinth, lair to evil warriors, cyclopses, chaos beasties and orcish bikers. How could I resist grabbing a copy?
PORK issue 15 cover art
Much to my surprise, I discovered that this issue was dedicated to the memory of two great artists the world lost recently: H. R. Giger and David A. Trampier!
For HR Giger & David Trampier

It turns out the PORK creator Sean Aaberg is a big fan of Tramp and he wrote this heartfelt piece complete with art selections from the Monster Manual and Players Handbook.
RIP DAT
If you are wondering, the HP Lovecraft quote cut off at the bottom of the above image is, "The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination."

You can read more about PORK at the GOBLINKO website. WARNING: some of their imagery is very NSFW.

BONUS: This issue also includes an interview with longtime Games Workshop and Citadel Miniatures artist Ian Miller!
Ian Miller interview


6/14/17 EDIT: Removed some old links that rotted to spam.

3 comments:

  1. What a great and random find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks cool. Checked out the website you linked to - I hate tumblr! Anyways, good find and reminded me of Heavy Metal (the movie). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Venger. I went back and removed from link rot from my post.

      Delete