Adventure Gaming magazine is available on DriveThruRPG!
|Adventure Gaming, vol. 1, no. 5, November 1981|
I've written in the past about Adventure Gaming magazine, especially about issue no. 5 and some rarely-seen art by Dave Trampier that appears in that issue (along with articles about Titan by creators Trampier and Jason B. McAllister).
Tim Kask was editor of the first 33 issues of Dragon magazine (a.k.a. The Dragon. He also edited Little Wars and the last issue of The Strategic Review). He left TSR in 1980 and soon founded Manzakk Publishing to publish his own independent gaming magazine, Adventure Gaming. It was a quality periodical with informative content, but the magazine business is a tough business, and the magazine folded after 13 issues.
But now, at long last, the first five issues are back "in print" thanks to Mudpuppy Games. They are available on Mudpuppy's site or at DriveThruRPG. They are currently being sold for only $1.99 each - that's less than the original cover price 40 years ago!
|Mudpuppy Games Adventure Gaming ad (source)|
Some Issue Highlights
Adventure Gaming, no. 1
- Royal Pains in Traveller!
- Knights of Camelot
- Divine Right variant by Glenn Rahman
- Ace of Aces
- Titan, both a review/analysis by Tim Kask and article by Jason B. McAllister
- Thoughts on Diplomacy variations by Lewis Pulsipher
- Magical kisses for D&D?
- Gambling in Traveller
|I got to meet Adventure Gaming interviewee Al Leonardi at Too Many Games in 2015|
Adventure Gaming, no. 4
- Part 1 of an interview with Al Leonardi, designer of Ace of Aces, Lost Worlds, etc.
- SFB scenarios covering the First Romulan War
- Feudal Diplomacy by Lewis Pulsipher
- AND MORE TITAN
- Part 2 of the Al Leonardi interview
- TFT character backgound variant rules
- Mini-campaign for SFB
- Strategies for playing Space Invaders on an Atari VCS console!
- Rules for Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica ships for use in Traveller!