Tuesday, August 19, 2014

#9 Favorite Dice - Random Number Generators of Chaos and Entropy #RPGaDAY

I already wrote about my favorite die and how it started me on the path of gaming over 30 years ago. I use it in a set with some of my other oldest dice when feeling nostalgic (which is often).

But one of my other favorite sets is my Chaos Dice.

Can't you feel the CHAOS!? Blood and souls for my lord Arioch!
Blood red on obsidian black is the perfect color scheme for Servants of Chaos laying waste to all Order in the world. Unfortunately, it is a terrible color scheme to read unless the lighting is really bright. In sub-optimal conditions, I'll use a set with stronger contrast.
I rolled an 8... I think
These are Chessex's old "Arrows of Chaos" dice. I purchased them when they first became available and built the rest of the set from other Chessex dice. They look cool but, like most specialty dice, are a real pain to read. I supplement the set with a brick of smaller, matching d6s with normal pips, perfect for those high-level fireballs (not pictured here because I can't find them... darned entropy!).

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of the d6s, but not the rest of the set, and didn't recall what they were called/who made them. Thanks Tony! :D

    Allan.

    ReplyDelete